Elizabeth Ryan was born in Palm Island, Queensland. She then Came to live in Ceduna in 1972 with her partner Mitch Dunnet. They have 3 children and live on a homeland called Koongawa Dundey, which is about 10km from Ceduna. She visits Palm Island once a year. When she was younger she used to make coconut oil and eat the kernel inside the Coconuts that had started to sprout. These were delicious to eat. She also misses eating the fresh and plentiful mangoes that grew around the island.
Elizabeth has exhibited artworks at the "Our Mob" exhibition at the Adelaide Festival Centre, Red Poles Gallery in McLaren Vale, Pt. Lincoln, Fremantle and Tandanya Gallery in Adelaide. Tandanya Gallery purchased her "Sturt Desert Pea" painting for their private collection. She also has art work touring South Australia in the OUR MOB Country Arts SA Touring Program.
- ‘Our Mob’ Art Space at the Adelaide Festival Centre, SA, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- ‘Red Poles’ McLaren Vale, SA, 2007, 2009, 2010,
- ‘Ngarlurgu’-‘Tandanya’ National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Culture Institute, Adelaide, SA, 2008, 2012
- ‘Desert to Dunes’ Port Lincoln, SA, 2010
- ‘Sturt Desert Pea’ at Tandanya , 2009
- ‘Artist Of The Year’ NAIDOC week
Featured Artworks in;
- Art Collector Magazine
- Artlink Magazine