My name is Yana Tschuna & I was born in 1991. My connection to the West Coast comes through my Grandparents and my Parents who have lived in this area for generations. I represent as a Wirangu/Gugada Woman, a mixture of my grandparents tribes.
As a child, growing up I didn’t have much of an interest in Painting, but watching my Grandmother Christine Tschuna paint throughout the years has awoken my passion and inspired me to have a go, now we share a lot of common interest. My mother and my brother have also taken up this tradition, we love to share & compare ideas.
I enjoy creating beautiful art in my spare time, painting stories, animals and bush tucker. Dot painting is very therapeutic and its a creative way for me to bond with my family, which I love.
- 2019, October Adelaide, South Australia No Black Seas, Ace Open
- 2019, June Port Augusta, SA Malka Arts Exhibition
- 2015, October Adelaide Festival Centre, Adelaide, South Australia Our Mob Exhibition
- 2006, Adelaide Festival Centre, Adelaide, South Australia Our Mob Exhibition
- Photography artwork, No Black Seas, Ace Open, Tarnanthi Festival, 2019